Priority 4: Visitor Infrastructure And Information
The visitor economy is more critical to the Cairngorms National Park than anywhere else in rural Scotland, supporting some 43% of employment in the area
It is vital to enhance the quality of place and visitor infrastructure so that it continues to attract visitors to the area. The dualling of the A9 will bring opportunities and challenges over the next decade and it is important to maximise the benefits both during construction and on completion. The Snow Roads Scenic Route has the potential to be a major new attraction in the eastern Cairngorms.
Visitor Infrastructure And Information Across The National Park
Reproduced by permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of HMSO. © Crown copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100040965 Cairngorms National Park Authority. © SNH.
Agenda For Action
Partners will support delivery of highquality visitor infrastructure and information with actions including:
- Developing new ways including visitor giving to fund infrastructure investment and maintaining and upgrading key off-road routes including Speyside Way, Deeside Way and the Core Paths network;
- Delivering a consistent high quality of visitor welcome through new and improved information, support for ranger services and partnership working to support businesses, communities and visitor attractions;
- Improving the visitor infrastructure in Cairngorm and Glenmore, and Tomintoul and Glenlivet;
- Completing the ‘Snow Roads Scenic Route’ and developing a similar experience along the A9;
- Encouraging the provision of low cost camping and motor home sites in appropriate locations;
- Improving visitor transport options and information.
Public Investment Priorities For Visitor Infrastructure
Reproduced by permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of HMSO. © Crown copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100040965 Cairngorms National Park Authority.
Our main priorities for visitor experience