Strategic Environmental Assessment
27th June, 2016
The Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of the Cairngorms National Park Partnership Plan 2017 – 2022 is a statutory requirement under the Environmental Assessment (Scotland) Act 2005. SEA is a systematic process developed to ensure that potential environmental impacts of Plans, Programmes and Strategies (PPS) (both positive and negative) are assessed and considered during the course of their preparation.
SEA aims to:
- integrate environmental factors into Strategy preparation and decision making;
- improve the Strategy and enhance environmental protection;
- increase public participation in decision making; and
- facilitate openness and transparency of decision making.
The SEA process is divided into five main stages which are:
- Stage A: Setting the context and objectives, establishing the baseline and deciding on the scope;
- Stage B: Developing and refining alternatives and assessing effects;
- Stage C: Preparing the Environmental Report.
- Stage D: Consulting on the draft Strategy and its Environmental Report; and
- Stage E: Monitoring implementation of the Strategy.
The published Environmental Report represents Stage D of the process. The Report will be consulted on with the consultation authorities between 27th June and 30th September 2016.
Documents relating to earlier stages of the SEA process can be accessed via the following link:
Cairngroms National Park Partnership Plan 2013-2017 SEA Environmental Report
Appendix 1: Plans, Policies and Strategies
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 1: Climatic Factors
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 2: Air
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 3: Water
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 4: Soil
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 5: Material Assets
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 6: Biodiversity, Fauna and Flora
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 7: Landscape and Cultural Heritage
Appendix 2: Environmental Baseline: Topic 8 Population and Human Health
Appendix 3: Boundaries and statistical areas used in teh analysis of the Cairngorms National Park
Appendix 4: Approach of the Cairngorms NPPP
Appendix 5: Consultation Responses
Appendix 6: SEA Assessment Key
Appendix 7: Assessment of Outcomes and Options
Appendix 8: Glossary