Cairngorms Nature BIG Weekend
The Cairngorms Nature BIG Weekend is a celebration of the fantastic natural heritage of the Cairngorms National Park, and it takes place every year in May
The 2019 BIG Weekend was fantastic!
Over this year’s BIG Weekend there were:
- 100 trees were planted, enhancing biodiversity in the woodlands around Carrbridge
- A community bird hide was built in Braemar
- Over 200 school children attended the rural skills day in Glenmore
- 4 community litter picks took place across the national park creating safer spaces for nature
- 8 volunteering events were held, helping people to get involved
- 200 pieces of artwork were created by local school children from across the park
- Over 2000 people attended events over the weekend
- 6 Private Estates, 10 Ranger Services, 17 Private businesses & 18 Organisations & Projects were involved in providing a programme of over 100 events.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Follow us on on the social network of your choice to keep up to date with all the latest BIG Weekend news right here and be sure to follow #CNBW19
Find out why the Cairngorms National Park is such a Special Place