Deer Advisory Group
One of the CNPA's priorities for action is to support sustainable deer management in the National Park.
The Cairngorms Deer Advisory Group (CDAG) has been set up in order to promote better communication and understanding between all organisations with an interest in deer and their management. It also advises the Cairngorms National Park Authority on deer and their management.
CDAG meets two to three times per year.
Membership of CDAG
Membership is drawn from the following organisations which have an interest in deer issues in and around the Cairngorms National Park.
Chair (an independent Chair chosen by CDAG members)
- Cairngorms Speyside Deer Management Group
- East Grampian Deer Management Group
- East Loch Ericht Deer Management Group
- Mid West Association of Highland Estates
- Monadhliaths Deer Management Group
- West Grampian Deer Management Group
- Association of Deer Management Groups
- Scottish Gamekeepers Association
- British Deer Society
- Association of Cairngorms Community Councils (two reps)
- Cairngorms Local Outdoor Access Forum
- Scottish Environment LINK (forum for Scotland’s voluntary environmental organisations (two reps)
- Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group
- Scottish Executive Environmental and Rural Affairs Department
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Deer Commission for Scotland
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- Cairngorms National Park Authority
Do you have any other questions?
Mike Cottam, Land Management Adviser, tel: 01479 870535