Submit your shared story
Please read the submission guidelines before submitting your story below
- Submissions are invited from anyone aged 10 and above who has spent time in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Submissions are encouraged throughout the year. The final deadline for inclusion in the anthology is Friday 27th September.
- Writing must be inspired by our relationship with the natural environment of the Park.
- Prose pieces up to 1000 words; Poetry up to 40 lines.
- All pieces must be the writer’s own work and not published in print or online prior to 2019.
- The writer’s full name will appear with any publication. Copyright remains with the writers, who are free to republish the work elsewhere.
- Writers may submit up to a maximum of five pieces across the year.
- Submissions can be sent as an email attachment to [email protected] with SUBMISSION in the subject line, or by post to SHARED STORIES, Cairngorms National Park Authority, 14 The Square, Grantown-on-Spey, PH26 3HG
- Each submission must be accompanied by a typed cover letter stating:
- Full name and age (if under 18)
- Postal address and phone number + email address if possible
- The following statement: I confirm that this writing is my original work and by submission to the Shared Stories project I am granting permission for it to be published (tick all that apply)
- On the Cairngorms National Park website
- On displays in the Park
- In the Shared Stories Anthology
- Submissions should be typed on one side of the paper in a plain font with the sheets stapled at the top-left corner, including the cover letter. Prose pieces should be double-spaced and state a word-count.
- Email submissions will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. If contributors wish acknowledgement of postal entries, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard stating the title of your submission.
- The Park will contact writers whose work is to be published or displayed, but cannot enter into communication with others.
- Guidelines for schools and activity centres hosting under-18s:
- If you wish to use ‘Shared Stories: A Year in the Cairngorms’ as a writing focus in your school or centre, we ask you to select and submit only the best work for the anthology, with a maximum of 15 pieces per high school/centre and 5 per primary.