Still time to stand for Park Authority elections
10th February 2015
Anyone wishing to stand for election as one of five community representatives on the Cairngorms National Park Authority Board has until 4pm on Wednesday 11 February 2015 to lodge their nomination papers.
Prospective candidates should obtain a nomination paper from the local Council office dealing with the Ward that they wish to stand in, as follows:
- Wards 1,2 & 3: Highland Council, Council Offices, Ruthven Road, Kingussie PH21 1EJ. Phone: 01540 664511.
- Wards 1 & 5: Perth & Kinross Council, Pitlochry Area Office, 26/28, Atholl Road, Pitlochry PH16 5BX. Phone: 01796 474625.
- Ward 4: Moray Council, Council Offices, High Street, Elgin IV30 1BX Phone: 01343 563334.
- Ward 5: Aberdeenshire Council, Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GB. Phone: 01224 665119.
- Ward 5: Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar, DD8 1AN Phone: 01307 476226.
All forms must be completed and returned to the relevant office no later than 4pm on Wednesday 11 February 2015.
To qualify, candidates must be 21 years of age or over, but need not be resident in the Ward for which they wish to stand, nor the Park area generally.
Further information is available at www.highland.gov.uk/cnpa or the CNPA’s election webpage.