Association of Cairngorms Communities
Formed back in 2004, the Association of Cairngorms Communities (AoCC) provides a platform for all active community organisations within the Cairngorms National Park to get together to discuss common issues, share information and encourage joint action.
AoCC is a useful forum for networking with other community representatives, and speaking directly to the people who help to make the policies that affect communities in the National Park. If you are involved with a community group, or want to develop a project in your community, the Association of Cairngorms Communities could offer you support and guidance – and membership is FREE!
The aims of AoCC are to promote and represent the shared interest of communities in and around the Cairngorms National Park, for the benefit of the public by:
- Providing a forum for sharing information, experience and networking
- Identifying shared issues and encouraging appropriate action
- Providing communication between the National Park Authority and other relevant organisations to support an exchange of views and information, allowing the National Park Authority to engage with communities and meet all of its statutory aims
- Providing appropriate support to the membership
The Association hosts meetings of the Planning Representatives Network (PRN) approximately twice a year. The PRN involves planning contacts from each of the Community Councils and Associations from across the National Park coming together with CNPA staff to discuss planning policies and issues. More information on the Planning system in the National Park is available in our Planning section.
The Association meets around 3 times a year and discusses everything and anything which may be of concern to communities in the National Park. The agenda is set by members and recent issues which have been discussed include:
- The planning system in the National Park
- Affordable housing
- Community broadband
- Scottish Rural Parliament
- A9 Dualing project
- Land Reform
- Renewable energy
- Funding community projects
- Deer management
AoCC recently commissioned a report on micro-hydro potential in the Cairngorms National Park. View the final report here.