The Cairngorms National Park Authority is committed to promoting equality as an employer and through the work it does.
Download the 2019 Update Equality Mainstreaming & Progress Report
As a public authority, the CNPA must meet the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, which harmonises and replaces previous equalities legislation. In terms of the Public Sector Equality Duty, every 4 years the CNPA is required to develop a set of equality outcomes, mainstream equality, gather employee information, review procurement procedures, develop a board succession plan, and publish these materials. It also requires the Authority to undertake equality impact assessments on projects.
The Equality Mainstreaming and Outcome report 2017 – 2021 has pulled this information together into one document, which contains the following: –
- Mainstreaming Equality within CNPA – which shows how equality is embedded into the day to day work and functions of the organisation.
- Employee data, including the Gender Pay Gap, occupational segregation information and a detailed Equal Pay Audit.
- A new set of equality outcomes for 2017 – 2021, together with the associated Action Plan.
- Progress on the delivery of the previous set of Equality Outcomes 2013 – 2017
- The Equal Pay Statement.
Once this has been done, the CNPA is required to report at 2 year intervals. This report should contain an update on mainstreaming equalities; a progress report on the Equality Outcomes; and updated Employee Information. Organisations with 20 or more staff are also required to publish pay gap information.
Follow the link at the top of the page to download the 2019 Update Equality Mainstreaming & Progress Report.
Equality Impact Assessment
The CNPA’s projects and activities are impact assessed to ensure that they do not discriminate or have any negative effects on equality groups, but also to identify ways to promote equality. Inclusive Cairngorms, an advisory forum to CNPA, plays a key role in this process, ensuring our projects and activities are as accessible as possible.
Recent assessments are available below.
- CNPA Gaelic Language Plan 2018-2022
- CNPA Communications and Engagement Strategy 2018
- Cairngorms National Park Partnership Plan 2017-2022
- Cairngorms Scenic Photo Posts
- Cairngorms Local Development Strategy (LDS) 2014-2020
- Cairngorms Park Outdoor Access Strategy (2015-2020)
- Cairngorms Nature Campaign (March 2014)
- Cairngorms Nature Action Plan (February 2013)
- Communicating Cairngorms toolkit (May 2012)
- Cairngorms National Park Partnership Plan (April 2012)
- Getting into National Parks Resource pack (new inserts) (February 2012)
Please click here for more information