The Cairngorms National Park Authority Gaelic Language Plan 2018 – 2022 / Ùghdarras Pàirc Nàiseanta a’ Mhonaidh Ruaidh Plana Gàidhlig 2018 – 2022 has been approved by Bòrd na Gàidhlig and is now available to view on our website.
The Plan sets out how we will:
- use Gaelic in the operation of our functions
- enable the uses of Gaelic when communicating with the public and key partnership
- promote and develop Gaelic
Highlights in the new Plan, to be delivered by June 2022, include:
- new building extension bilingual signage review
- creation of a Gaelic version of the Park brand
- online guidance and advice re using Gaelic as an asset
- promote Gaelic experiences with residents and visitors
- joint Gaelic awareness schools project with Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Authority
- Gaelic awareness and conversational staff training plus induction training for rangers/volunteer rangers
- annual Gaelic awareness month
- recruitment policy – stronger profile to promote our support for Gaelic speakers to join the organisation
- Gaelic student intern – research project on Gaelic as an Asset online toolkit
Progress reports will be published annually on our website.