Over 18,000 people live and work in the Cairngorms National Park and our unique landscape, nature, history and culture, thriving communities and outdoor activities attract around two million visitors each year. And with two-thirds of international visitors saying National Park status encouraged them to visit (Ref: 2019/2020 Visitor Survey), there’s never been a better time to let your customers and guests know that you’re ‘proud to be part of the Cairngorms National Park’. By registering to use the Cairngorms National Park brand you’ll be doing just that – and what’s more, it’s completely free to sign up.
So, whether you’re a business, community organisation, school, activity provider, local group or event organiser, these pages are packed with useful information and guidance to encourage you to tell your stories, promote your business, share your news – and take advantage of being in the Cairngorms National Park.
Whether you’re looking to apply to use the Cairngorms National Park brand or seeking advice on writing a good press release; providing a unique experience through using Gaelic or searching for inspirational, free-to-use photography, we hope you’ll find plenty of inspiration on this page to show that you’re proud to be part of the Cairngorms National Park.
“Being part of the National Park has made a really positive difference to Balmoral Estate”
Glyn Jones, Head Ranger, Balmoral Estate
About the Cairngorms National Park brand
The Cairngorms National Park brand first launched in 2005 and underwent a refresh in 2023. As well as representing the National Park as a specific geographical area, the brand also provides a strong environmental, cultural and social identity, standing for quality, community and environmental sustainability.
The brand features prominently on entry point signage and visitor information and, used consistently, will help build customer and visitor loyalty and awareness of the Cairngorms National Park.
It’s FREE for everyone to use and a recognisable symbol of the Cairngorms National Park as a quality destination, offering very special experiences. Find out more about how to apply.
Free resources when you sign up
By signing up to the new brand charter you will be given access to free resources for use on promotional materials, leaflets, your website and social media. These include:
- Logos – a stamp of authenticity that shows you’re part of the National Park family, by signing up to the brand charter scheme you’ll get free usage of the above ‘Proud to be part of the Cairngorms National Park’ logos.
- Image library – they say a picture paints 1,000 words and by signing up you’ll receive exclusive access to a range of free images commissioned for brand charter holders’ use. What’s more, we will keep updating these as time goes on so there should be plenty of material to choose from.
- Inspirational and informative videos – when you don’t quite have the words to describe how wonderful a place the Cairngorms National Park is, let a video do the talking and share some of our footage on your website or social media channels.
- Web resources and market research – want to know more about the type of people that visit the National Park? Keen to tailor your offering to specific audiences? Our web resources and market research includes data from our five-yearly visitor survey, which gives you lots of intel on the demographics, behaviours and preferences of National Park visitors.
- Leaflets and publications – we publish a range of printed materials, providing information on everything from community paths to Gaelic place names. Charter holders get free access to these to use with your customers.
- Cairngorms National Park maps – help your customers and guests navigate the National Park with our bespoke tear-off map pads and leaflets.
- Visitor itineraries – stuck for recommendations on what to do in the Cairngorms? Our tailored itineraries – covering different time periods and areas of interest – are the perfect starting point.
- Facts and figures – have all the facts at your fingertips with a series of infographics packed with details about the National Park.
Share your news with the world
There are so many different ways you can share your good news stories, promote your business, event or organisation, and keep folk up to date with your community activities. But if you’re new to all of this we have some links below to some tips and useful guidance to help get you started. We will be adding to these resources in the near future:
Gaelic as an asset
Gaelic is a unique selling point for businesses and organisations in the Cairngorms National Park. It’s estimated that Gaelic language and culture brings anywhere between £82 to £149 million to the Scottish economy each year.
You don’t need to be a Gaelic speaker in order to help your visitors and customers gain a little understanding of the language and culture. Our Gaelic as an Economic Asset toolkit is designed to show you just how easy it is to create an authentic Gaelic experience, including simple greetings, signage, the meaning and history of Gaelic place names and case studies.
Our thanks to Bòrd na Gàidhlig for their funding support for the production of the Gaelic as an Economic Asset online toolkit.
Brand charter partners’ newsletter
Sign up to receive our partners’ newsletter, offering advice and updates on marketing and tourism in the National Park, and how you can make the most of the Cairngorms National Park for your business, community or organisation.
Please note: we will only use your details to keep you up-to-date with Cairngorms National Park-related information and we will not share your information with any other organisation.