Cairngorms Tourism Emergency Response Group Update (CTER) – 18 March 2020
18th March 2020
The group has been set up to provide a consistent and comprehensive analysis of the implications of Covid-19 for tourism, to coordinate communications with the tourism industry, to ensure close working between key agencies and the private sector, to gather, share, facilitate, interpret and disseminate information and agree on relevant actions and delivery plans.
Membership: The Group consists of representatives from Cairngorms Business Partnership, VisitAberdeenshire, MoraySpeyside, VisitScotland, Aberdeenshire Council, The Highland Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Angus Alive and CNPA (Chair).
The following was discussed at the CTER meeting on the 18 March 2020.
- Offices are now closed to the public and most staff now working at home, in line with Govt. guidance
- Special procedures are in place to prioritise planning casework and keep the business moving
- We are in close touch with Ministers and senior officials at Scottish Government
- More info: https://cairngorms.co.uk/cnpa-offices-closed-public/
Cairngorms Tourism Emergency Response Group
- We are setting up a new Cairngorms Tourism Emergency Response Group to meet weekly by video conference and to:
- Provide consistent and comprehensive analysis of the implications of Covid-19 for tourism
- Coordinate communications with tourism industry
- Ensure close working between key agencies and the private sector
- Gather, share, facilitate, interpret and disseminate information as it becomes available
- Agree relevant actions and delivery plans
- Members will be Cairngorms Business Partnership, VisitAberdeenshire, MoraySpeyside, VisitScotland, Aberdeenshire Council, Highland Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, CNPA (Chair)
- Full meeting of the Cairngorms Tourism Partnership is in the diary for 21 April and we will make arrangements to host that online
Cairngorms Visitor Survey
- Visitor survey has been terminated six weeks early – it is not appropriate to continue face-to-face interviews
- We have already completed around 2200 of the 2500 interviews scheduled. The consultants will be starting to analyse the data over the next month, and will advise how best to compare the data to the previous survey.
- Individual interview sites have been informed directly
Cairngorms Business Partnership
- CPB are the key private sector destination organisation and Chamber of Commerce for the Park and are providing very useful briefing for members through emails and Linked-in group
- We are working to support CBP’s important work on collaboration and communication with businesses at this time
Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group
- Update on this Group, chaired by VisitScotland, was provided last night – information at https://mailchi.mp/stalliance/coronavirus-17-march
- We are making arrangements to have one seat at table to represent both Scottish National Parks
Other useful links
Scottish Enterprise COVID-19 Helpline
- Open Mon-Fri between 8.30am – 5.30pm – providing businesses with advice and guidance. 0300 303 0660 – callers should select option one to speak to the COVID-19 team