Who we are
Our website address is: https://cairngorms.co.uk
Cairngorms National Park Authority
14 The Square
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a period of 6 months for customer service purposes but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics tracking cookies on this site. This is so that we can see how visitors find and use the site so that we can keep them coming back. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy here
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your personal data with any other third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to have your personal data erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it for;
- we are relying on consent as our lawful basis for holding the data, and you withdraw your consent;
- we are relying on legitimate interests as our basis for processing and you object to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- we are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing;
- we have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- we have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- we have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
Where we send your data
We use SurveyMonkey software in our consultation forms which sends and stores data in the use. However, it fully complies with GDPR. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have any privacy-specific concerns or questions, please contact [email protected]
How we protect your data
This site has extra layers of security to protect your data, (including a firewall) and is monitored for unusual activity.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We will deal with any data breaches within 72 hours and inform the subjects involved. Our staff are trained in GDPR procedures.